Buying at Bodmin Auctions is easy!
We have made it as easy for you as possible to get the bargains you want. We have every situation covered to ensure that you don’t miss out!
Option 1: Buy At Auction
1. Check our calendar page for a list of our upcoming auctions
2. Look/ download the catalogue by visiting the catalogue page. Here you can see all of our current lots in list and photo form
3. View the lots. All lots will be ready for viewing on the Monday and Tuesday before the sale and on the morning of sale day. Alternatively we are open every weekday 10am – 4pm
4. Come to auction. You can register beforehand by clicking here. Registration is free and easy. We just need some basic details and then you are good to go. You will receive a paddle with your buyers number. Keep this safe
5. Bid. Raise your paddle in full sight of the auctioneer to raise a bid. Listen carefully to the auctioneer to determine the bidding intervals.
6. Pay. Once you have bid on your final item of the sale, hand over your paddle at the counter. You will then receive an invoice. This will include the total cost of your lots plus 15% commission. Bodmin Auctions do not charge VAT! We take cash, debit cards, credit cards (3% charge) but do not accept cheques.
7. Collect your goods. Once paid, one of our team will assist you with locating and loading your goods. We ask that everything is removed from the building within 48 hours of the sale. No transport? Don’t worry we can arrange delivery for a fee. We reserve the right to charge storage and resell items if they have not been collected within reasonable time.
Option 2: Buy Immediately (after auction)
1. Visit our salesroom. Our salesroom is open Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm. All of our lots are displayed and are open to sensible offers once they have entered an auction. Our helpful and friendly team will be more than happy to help. Items cannot be bought after the salesroom has been catalogued (Thursday prior to the sale).
2. Make an offer. See something you like, make us an offer. We have guide prices for all of our items and if we feel that you are offering us a justified offer of an item, that meets our valuation and the sellers reserve, we will accept.
3. Pay. To guarantee the goods, payment must be made immediately. A deposit may be accepted for larger items. Payment can be made in the form of cash, debit cards, credit card (3% charge). We cannot accept cheques.
4. Collect your goods. Once paid, you are free to take your goods away. One of our team will be more than happy to assist you. We work in cooperation with a logistics company who can deliver within the Bodmin area for a fee of £15 for larger items.
Option 3: Leave a Bid
1. Identify the lots. View our catalogue by visiting the catalogue page of the website and note the lots you wish to bid on.
2. Fill out the form. You can leave bids for any item going through the auction, by completing this form here. The form must be completed in full with the maximum amount that you are prepared to pay. This does not mean that this is the price you will pay. If there are no bids in the room, you will only pay the reserve! All left bids must be left in writing.
3. Find out if you won the item. It is the responsibility of the buyer to contact us to find out if your bids were successful. This should be done the day after sale. We will also attempt to contact you, it is essential that all your contact details are accurate and up to date.
4. Pay. If your bids were successful, then payment should be made promptly. Payment can be made by cash, debit card, credit card (3% charge). We will not accept cheque.
5. Collect your goods. Once paid, one of our team will assist you with locating and loading your goods. We ask that everything is removed from the building within 48 hours of the sale. No transport? Don’t worry we can arrange delivery for a fee. We reserve the right to charge storage and resell items if they have not been collected within reasonable time.
Selling at Bodmin Auctions is easy!
1. Decide what you want to sell
If it has value, we’ll sell it! We sell everything from household items to vehicles. In the past we have sold furniture, antiques, nic nacs, collectibles, electronics, art, vehicles and so much more. If you’re not sure, contact us and we’ll be happy to help.Not sure what something is worth? Contact us and if we can’t help, we’ll know someone who can!
It is recommended that you take a minute to familiarise yourself with our terms of sale, which can be found here
2. Deliver the goods
With a 230m2 building and a hard standing area in excess of 1100m2, you can leave your items with the peace of mind that they are safe and secure*. Please check our opening hours page for a list of when we are taking items in for the sales. Can’t make it during these hours? No problem, arrange an appointment.
No transport? We work in liaison with a logistics company who will deliver from the Bodmin area for £15 and further afield for a small charge extra. To arrange this call 07990552651 and quote L & M.
3. Complete the paperwork
We have tried to make the administrative procedure as easy for you as possible. You can do as much or as little as you like. All we need is your details and one form of photo ID and we’ll do the rest.
Alternatively, you can log your items yourself. Fill in the form below and send it to
Not sure about reserves? Pop in and see us and one of our team will be more than happy to help.
4. Watch your goods at auction
The quickest way to find out how well your goods have done is to come to the auction itself. Keep a check on our calendar page for the latest auctions.Can’t make it to the auction and still want to know how you did? Call us following the Tuesday after the sale and one of our team will be happy to help
5. Receive payment
Bodmin Auctions give the buyer 7 days to return any faulty electrical items. Due to this, it may take up to 2 weeks to receive payment. We do our utmost to ensure that payment is made as quickly as possible. No payment will be made before the Thursday following the sale next sale. It is imperative that you ensure all your details are correct. All payments over £75 will be made by cheque. Cash MAY be available for smaller amounts, although there is no guarantee of this. With the payment, you will also receive a receipt giving you a breakdown of what sold and what didn’t. Study this and decide the course of action for the unsold items. Generally, we will run all items for two auctions before we request for them to be withdrawn or reserves altered.
Bodmin Auctions do not charge a lotting fee, a fee for placing reserves on items, or any VAT. We only charge 15% commission on items that sell over £14, otherwise we have a minimum £2 commission per lot. We do not accept reserves on items below £5.
If you require any further information, do not hesitate to contact us
* all items are left at owner’s risk! However, Bodmin Auctions will take every precaution to ensure that items are kept safe and secure